Building & Other Construction Workers Act, 1996
- Assessing the applicability of the enactment
- Preparing and submitting the application for the registrations by the principal employer
- Preparing and submitting the application for license by the contractors
- Preparing and submitting the amendments in registration due to change in contractors details and renewal of license
- Assessing the fees payable
- Processing the application with the department
- Obtaining the registrations and / or license as the case may be
- Advising on the maintenance of various registers, records etc.
- Preparation of half year and annual returns
Brief detail of the enactment
- This enactment regulates the employment and conditions of services of building and other construction workers and to provide for their Safety, Health and Welfare measures
- It applies to every establishments which employs 10 or more building workers in any building or other construction work
- Provisions of this enactment are not applicable if the location is covered under Factories Act or the Mines Act
- Obtaining registrations / license
- Payment of fees depending upon construction worker
- Maintenance of various registers, records etc.
- Providing various facilities like shelter, drinking water, crèche, toilet blocks, canteen etc.
- Authority can prosecute principal employer and/or contractor/s for breach of the provisions of this enactment. Provision of fine upto Rs. 5,000/- are there.